Before I post I want to just say, that I am praying for these ladies I am posting about here, and I am asking forgiveness for being selfish and making this about me.
This week was a rough week on the 2nd Tri boards. There was a girl who slipped on the ice, went into preterm labor, and delivered her baby at 21 or 22 weeks pregnant. The baby did not make it. There was another girl who gave birth at 24 weeks, her baby girl is in the NICU and in my thoughts and prayers- that little girl has a long road ahead, but there was hope in this poster's tone that things will be ok. Today, another woman posted about her little girl's big u/s follow up, and a heart defect that may mean the baby will not even make it to birth, and if so will need open heart surgeries (plural), and she sounded so lost and confused.
I am thinking of and praying for all these women and their babies this week. It breaks my heart and I just think about how unfair it is.
This stuff has also been causing me some anxiety attacks and pretty bad dreams. I used to hate the 1st tri board b.c of all the miscarriages, which are so much more devastatingly common than anyone realizes (again- so not fair for someone to experience that pain). My relief at entering 2nd tri was a little slow coming, but it came. 2nd tri was a happy and safe place to be. (I know things happen- but you know what I mean). And suddenly- all this tragedy, it just reminds me how vulnerable we really are, how out of control we really are, and it scares me.
So to these ladies- you are in my thoughts and prayers. And to my baby- you are always in my prayers as well little one- we love you so much already.
Pool pics
8 years ago

2 comments:
Its so hard to hear about all of the negative things that go on during people's pregnancies or heck, even just in every day life but I guess its a good time to put things in perspective and be glad for what we have- which is what you've done. Its so nice for you to keep those girls in your prayers, I will do the same!
Hey girlfriend, just remember that those occurances are very rare, and you have a much higher chance of having a healthy and fullterm baby than not. Keep your head up and Lester all snuggled in.
My heart does go out to those girls though!
Sniff
Post a Comment