Life around here has been super busy.
I think the hardest part of all this is the lack of routine. It would be much easier to deal with (no sleep included) if we had a semblance of a daily schedule. The best thing is the 5-6 hour stretches of sleep that are coming more and more often. Last night I actually slept 5 hours straight (up to this point I either was awake for some of these long stretches because they start at 9 oclock, or I wake up because my breasts or just my body is used to getting up). I feel fantastic today!
We had a landscaping company come in to clean up our courtyard- now it looks huge!! You can't really see, but the flowers that are in the 1st pic are the ones I picked up for the landscapers to plant, so they are all around along with some black-eyed susans and mulch. It was good timing because we had a party here on Saturday.
Before
After
At 6 weeks old what are we up to?
~ smiling (still not mastered at it, but definitely more and more- we especially get lots first thing when he wakes up for the day)
~tummy time- fighting it less and less, he rolled over twice but I am pretty sure that was accidental, I have yet to see him do it again during tummy time
~laughing- he actually shrieks and chuckles a little at times. Music to my ears
~pouting- he is becoming a master of the lower lip stick out. I am trying very hard to catch it on camera, but the time between the pout and a cry is not too long so it is tough.
I almost caught a smile in the next two:

This one cracks me up
As I said- we had a party this past weekend. On Saturday- we hosted our annual Baggo tournament... I did not take any pictures besides the following of Brooks with Maddy. Hosting a party with a 6 week old is not something I would recommend to anyone- although we did have a good time. There were 3 babies and 4 moms, and 12 men here to drink some beer and play some baggo- a fun time was had by all.
This was Brooks before and during the party- he slept for the first 3 hours of it (Nice!)
(notice the fist- I am not lying when I say he does that all the time in his sleep!)
Brooks flirted with Maddy- the wink got her attention :)
and then they just chilled. (Maddy is 1 yr older than him almost exactly- she is a June baby as well)
After our Baggo tournament we actually took Brooks to a friends house- she is moving out of Philadelphia and had a goodbye party. We stayed for about an hour then walked home and hit the sack. Sunday we spent recovering, cleaning, and walked downtown to check out new phones at verizon
He loves the weekends because he gets lots of Daddy & Ming time!
A picture of me and him- rare! WOW :)
Eric is still making lots of purchases for the boy- this is the latest thing that came in the mail :)
And- new this week. He is definitely responsive and will imitate things like sticking out his tongue. This is Eric's favorite game to play with him. Once he accomplishes imitating the tongue sticking out he either gives a little chuckle or a shriek of delight in his pride :)
I realized as I was making up a scrapbook for Brooks that a lot can change in a year- and how weird is this
June 13, 2008- I got a BFP
June 13, 2009- My EDD
June 17, 2008- I found out I was no longer pg
June 17, 2009- my beautiful boy was born.
I also want to add some thoughts here to some good friends of mine whom I have never even met. There are quite a few women I have known for over a year online in the whole ttc process. I am thinking about each and every one of you and praying you get your bfps. I don't want to name names because who knows what people want out there- but there are people who are going through IVF, IUIs, clomid, and more right now- you are all in my thoughts!

2 comments:
I love so much about this post:
1. Your courtyard looks amazing and alot bigger, I love it!
2. Brooks is so cute, I love all the pics and love to see how he is growing.
3. The Metallica hat? Priceless
4. The dates? Thats just amazing to me. Kinda makes you remember how everything that happens is connected in some way and, in the end, meant to be.
Hope you're doing good :)
That video made me LOL, he's so beyond cute, I don't think there's even a word for it!
Post a Comment