Thursday, July 15, 2010

steps

3.5 of them to be exact- B walked to me! I don't think he has a clue he did it and don't think it will be repeated anytime soon, but I stood him up about 2 feet from me and he took 3 steps and a 4th falling one onto me. Usually it is one step to fall on top of me- but he did 3 first! YAY YAY YAY this makes me feel a little better :)


In other news- we had our dating u/s for Squeaks. We saw a gorgeous little baby with arm buds and a healthy heartbeat of 163 BPM. I was measuring 3-4 days behind when I ovulated, so the official due date on record with my Dr. is 2/25/10. I am going to use that as my EDD, even though I know that it is really 2/21 or 22 based on O. It will just be easier to use the same date all over the place, and it is kind of nice to have 3-4 extra days to have the baby without hearing pressure about induction or anything. I was a little concerned about measuring behind- and believe me I am sure on the dates. This isn't just knowing when my period was and being off from that, this is knowing when I conceived. However, they only did an abdominal u/s. So given the huge margin for error if they click just a fraction of a teeny bit of an inch over, plus given the fact they did abdominal which is way less clear than vaginal, I am thinking that it is normal to be off. I am shocked they didn't go vaginal- I am early, and I am overweight. But it doesn't matter- b/c in the end our baby was there, the heart was flickering, and things looked good!

When she left the room to get a pic for us I took a short video with my digicam. It is super short b/c I didn't know when she was coming back and b/c it was a looped film so there wasn't much to tape since it kept repeating (plus at this point- it all kind of looks the same)



Next week I am going to redo the layout of the blog- update the monthly pics, add fresh tickers, and get everything going!

1 comments:

Barb said...

Way to go Brooks! It took Ryan a few weeks to take more than a few steps, but Brooks will be all over the place soon enough! lol

Glad to hear your u/s went well! So cool to see video! February is perfect - not much winter is left and you don't have to be really pregnant throughout the summer heat.